A global energy trading and marketing firm is searching for a quantitative trade strategist to join its crude oil trading team. The position will enhance the existing analytic structure and provide quantitative research to further drive systemic trading strategy and commercial decisions. Key responsibilities include:
- developing, testing and implementing new tools to be used by the trading team;
- extracting, analyzing and managing Big Data from multiple internal and external sources;
- optimizing large data sets into meaningful data; applying rigorous machine learning, statistical analysis, regression and optimization techniques to data for purposes of identifying signals and predictive patterns;
- evaluating and testing trading strategies;
- communicating analytical and modeling results through easy to understand visualization platforms; and
- researching and evaluating new technologies/tools associated with Big Data.
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative field (math, physics, computer science, engineering or statistics);
- 2 years’ experience in signal generation and predictive modeling in a front-office trading environment environment (both capital markets or energy experience considered);
- excellent programming skills (C#, R, Python preferred) and advanced knowledge of scripting;
- ability to write and optimize database queries to extract and analyze large data sets; strong understanding of statistics,
- machine learning, regression models and optimization techniques; and
- strong communication skills.
Submit resumes to email@example.com.