The Woodlands, TX
Position has overall PNL responsibility for ERCOT and ISO-NE power plants. Position is responsible for maximizing the profitability of power generation assets located in Texas and New England by evaluating operations, developing strategic plans and executing short- and long-term objectives.
- Strategy: Set the asset strategy to optimize and commercialize the market position of gas-fired power plants.
- Financial Management: Develop and implement strategic plan, forecasting, reporting and KPIs. Involved with managing the power plants, PnL and budget in compliance with finance arrangements/debt covenants.
- Plant Operations: Oversees plant operations including O&M contractors and other contractual arrangements. Develop operating and capital budgets for plants.
- Fuel Procurement: Responsible for fuel procurement and transportation supply chain including contracts and business relationships.
- Commercial Operations: Coordinates with Commercial Operations (Trading & Marketing) on asset bidding, optimization strategies and hedges.
- Compliance/Regulatory: Ensure compliance with regulatory standards. Monitor regulatory changes to determine impact to the power plants. Participate in regulatory affairs.
- Other: Implement projects improve overall operational efficiency at the power plants and overall business profitability.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Regular communication with key stakeholders including Executive Management, Asset Management, Plant Operations, Commercial Operations, Finance and Accounting to drive results.
Educational and professional requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering or related field;
- Strong understanding of business aspects surrounding power generation;
10-15+ years’ experience in asset management and/or operations and maintenance of large fossil-fueled power plants (gas-fired preferred);
- Strong leadership and communication skills; and a good understanding of the ERCOT and ISO-NE markets;
- Asset Management experience with other ISO markets will be considered.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.