A global, merchant energy trading firm in Houston is searching for an experienced Data Engineer to support its natural gas & power trading teams. The position is part of a global Data Science and Engineering team that manages both 1) real-time market and fundamental data and 2) provides cloud-based infrastructure for the Energy Front Office including Traders, Trading Research Analysts, and Data Scientists. The collective Data Science and Data Engineering and Front-Office Teams create sophisticated statistical models and algorithms that produce predictive signals that drive trading strategy and commercial decisions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serving as SME for technical projects supporting the natural gas & power trading desks,
- Building and maintaining critical data integration ETL/ELT pipelines,
- Designing data models from disparate data sources,
- Assisting in automating trading processes,
- Implementing industry best practices, and
- Communicating across multiple stakeholders in Houston, London, and Geneva.
Educational and professional requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field that includes computer science/software engineering studies,
- 5+ years of experience working with Python and SQL (required),
- Prior experience with ELT (Extract, Load, Transform) and ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) data integration processes,
- Proficiency with AWS data stack (S3, Redshit, Glue, Lambda),
- Experience with the broader energy markets is required in one OR more of the following areas: crude oil and refined product, natural gas and/or markets,
- Experience in energy trading (natural gas and / or power) is highly desired,
- Experience in crude oil & natural gas upstream and midstream will be considered, and
- An ability to work in a fast-paced trading environment.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.