New York, NY
A global energy trading firm in New York City is looking for a Junior Energy Trader (AVP level) with experience in client flow trading. Position supports senior gas traders active in the OTC and exchange-traded markets.
Responsibilities include general assistance with all daily trade processes:
- Building trader front-office tools;
- Trade input;
- Providing trade blotter and pricing/systems support;
- Assisting the traders with hedging activities and quoting customer business;
- Monitor derivative positions and client portfolios. Ensure compliance with company trade policies;
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements; and
- Responsible for miscellaneous front-office projects assigned by the desk.
High level requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering or a quantitative numerate field;
- 1-3 years’ experience in a junior trader or trading assistant position focused on natural gas or power and ideally with a financial institution or energy merchant trading firm;
- Fluency in aspects of client flow trading including general market and price knowledge, derivatives experience including swaps, futures or options, providing customers quotes for their business and executing hedges;
- Knowledge of the gas and or power market fundamentals (ideally northeast markets);
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Consideration will be given to candidates with crude oil, refined products and NGL experience. Submit resumes to email@example.com.