The Woodlands, TX
A power generation company in The Woodlands is looking for a Senior Analyst Power Fundamentals to provide fundamental modeling and analysis to support its portfolio of power plant assets.
- Fundamental modeling and analysis of the short-term (cash) and long-term (5 years out) power and gas markets in support of commercial operations and the asset trading team,
- Produce reports on pricing and fundamental market drivers,
- Develop forward points of view of the power and gas markets,
- Participate in weekly fundamental meeting with the commercial team and traders to discuss trends in the power and gas markets,
- Undertake analytics for the capacity markets,
- Participate in the development of new stack supply models and tools,
- Work with and manage large and complex datasets, and
- Get involved with automation projects to streamline the processes within the Fundamentals team.
Educational and professional requirements include a bachelor’s degree in a economics, finance, mathematics or statistics(advanced degree preferred); 2+ years’ experience in power or gas fundamental analysis, quantitative analysis, load forecasting or structured pricing of wholesale power markets (required); market experience in PJM, ERCOT, NYISO, ISONE or WECC (desired); strong commercial modeling experience; experience working with large data sets and solid data visualization experience and capabilities; and experience in C#, C++, Java, Python, R, or MATLAB and VBA, SQL (desired). Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.