A Hedge Fund is searching for a Power Trading Analyst to join growing nodal power trading team. This position will be responsible for performing system studies and market simulations using power flow programs and market modeling platforms focusing on ERCOT/MISO/PJM/SPP and other ISOs in the future.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analyzing fundamental congestion drivers (load, generation, transmission projects/retirements and outages etc.) and trends in regional power markets;
- Data collection from various ISO and power markets resources, database maintenance/updates, development of data-analyzing tools and in-depth data analysis;
- Performing scenario and sensitivity analysis and determine portfolio risks, opportunities and returns;
- Helping the traders to build FTR portfolios by developing and execute FTR trading strategies; manage/monitor FTR portfolios;
- Track market policy and regulatory changes; participate in stakeholder meetings on issues related to congestion and FTRs.
Educational and professional requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related area (Masters of PhD preferred)
- Experience with dispatch or commitment models and production cost models; Experience with security-constrained optimal power flow (SCOPF) modeling is a plus;
- Very familiar with programming languages for intensive data processing and database management, e.g. Python, R, SQL etc.;
- Good teamwork and communication skills, willing to share and build tools as a team;
- Able to handle pressure and tight deadlines in a trading environment; and
- Consideration will be given to recent graduates who have demonstrated strong technical modeling skills via an internship, PhD papers or other research projects.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.