Position develops short-term and long-term fundamental analyses of the power and gas markets in support of the commercial operations trading team. The Senior Analyst will:
- take a point of view of the markets,
- produce reports on pricing and fundamental market drivers,
- participate in the development of trading strategies and tools,
- undertake analytics for the capacity markets,
- work with and manage large and complex datasets, and
- get involved with automation projects to streamline the processes within the Fundamentals team.
- bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (advanced degree preferred);
- 2+ years’ experience in power fundamentals, quantitative analysis or structured pricing of wholesale power markets;
- market experience in PJM, ERCOT, NYISO or ISONE preferred;
- strong commercial modeling experience;
- experience working with large data sets and solid data visualization experience and capabilities; and
- experience in C#, C++, Java, Python, R, or MATLAB and VBA, SQL.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.