A global energy trading firm is searching for an experienced data scientist who is highly specialized in Natural Language Processing (NLP) to join its commercial trading organization in Houston. Position will build NLP capabilities to analyze unstructured data sets which can be deployed globally as tools to all trading desks. These capabilities will be used to identify trade signals and drive trading strategy and commercial decisions. Key responsibilities include:
- Researching, extracting, analyzing and managing data from complex and disparate sources, both internally and externally;
- Applying rigorous machine learning, statistical analysis, regression and optimization techniques to data to identify signals and predictive patterns;
- Generating hypotheses and analyzing data to test and interpret results and to evaluate and test trading strategies;
- Developing, testing and implementing a library of new models and tools to be used by the trading team;
- Communicating analytical and modeling results in a dashboard format to Traders;
- Researching and evaluating new technologies/tools associated with Big Data; and
- Working closely with IT to ensure robust and scalable platforms.
Educational and professional requirements include:
- Advanced degree (PhD strongly desired with strong academic performance) in an applied quantitative field (mathematics, physics, computer science, electrical engineering or statistics) is required;
- Specialized experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) is required;
- Prior work experience in large-scale data analysis and predictive modeling is preferred but a candidate that has done significant post-doc work in NLP will be considered;
- Strong background in machine learning, statistics and probability is required;
- Knowledge of the latest industry modeling techniques applied across image, text and voice related problems;
- Excellent programming skills (Python preferred, C++, C# and R considered) with advanced knowledge of scripting. Ability to write numerical production code;
- Ability to write and optimize database queries to extract and analyze large data sets is required; and
- Strong communication skills are required.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.